Search This Blog

Sunday, March 25, 2012

A one-on-one Interview with Joint Venture's very own Troy Leos

Troy Leos is a current Mesa Fashion student. He was interviewed by Lisa Washington, Fashion Promotion student.



Interviewer: Where are you from?

Troy: I’m from Houston, Texas

Interviewer: What inspires your work?

Troy: Music inspires me. The way music makes someone feel, I want my clothes to make people feel the way music makes them feel.

Interviewer: Who are some of your favorite artist in the music industry right now that you listen to while doing some of your work?

Troy: Right now I like (Theophilus London, Bizzle, Adele and even Taylor Swift) lol a little bit of everything .

Interviewer: How did you come up with the name for your clothing line?

Troy: (Joint Venture) The name came from some musicians such as Diddy, Irv Gotti who had a Joint Venture with other record labels.

Interviewer: How do you come about when designing?

Troy: I make clothes that I would wear (for the men’s pieces) and that I think would look good on a girlfriend (for the women’s pieces.

Interviewer: How do you remember all your ideas?

Troy: I like to write them down in my notebook or when I’m on the go I write it In my phone.

Interviewer: Where would you like to see your brand In five years?

Troy: I would like Christian stores such as C28 and The Rock Church to carry my line in their stores.

Interviewer: What are your fears when it comes to your line?

Troy: My fear is that people wouldn’t understand my ideas.

Interviewer: What advice would you give other student designers looking to start their own line?

Troy: Go for it Asap! there is never the perfect time to start, so go for instead of putting it off.

Interviewer: What are some fun facts about you?

Troy: Well my parents birthday added together equals mine, I’ve never had Dipping Dots, and my favorite designer is Tom Ford.

Interviewer: Thank you for taking time to sit and allowing us to interviewing you.

Troy: No problem, thank you.


Take time to look at some of Troy’s designs at his website www.jointventureclothing.com . I really like his v-neck woman tees , really cute and great material.

1 comment:

  1. Great designs! I especially like the "Christian Dior Ain't Got Nothing On" shirt!

    Keep it up and I look forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete